> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > That was in this month's magazine too! DRY-B-LO
Login | Register

That was in this month's magazine too! DRY-B-LO

Posted by Jim -ATS on May 23rd, 2000 04:07 PM
In reply to under deck roofing by Tony on May 23rd, 2000 03:50 PM [Go to top of thread]

And I quote:

"Turn the area under your deck into a sheltered patio or storage area with the patented DRY-B-LO Designer Deck Drain System. A series of rolled aluminum panels is attached to the joists and flexed into curved, ventilated channels that divert rainwater into a gutter. This keeps the area dry and gives the space a brighter, more finished look. DRY-B-LO currently has installation franchises in Alabama, Colorado, Georgia and Tennessee and hopes to extend the network nationwide in the next couple of years. The drain system typically costs $9 to $13 per sf installed. For information on buying a franchise or to get the name of the nearest dealer, call DRY-B-LO, Cumming, GA, (800) 437-9256 or vist the company's website at"

Looks good to me, except you wouldn't want any messy trees near your deck or you'd fill the thing up with pine needles or old leaves. Of course, we should all gather donations to send the website writer to chemistry class:

Q: Will chemical wood stains or treatments damage DRY-B-LO?

A: No, as long as you don't use any acids or acidic products, such as a chlorine bleach. Most off-the-shelf deck treatments will not effect DRY-B-LO

Bleach is NOT an ACID! SHEESH! Next thing, we'll hear that Hot water freezes faster than cold water. (I love that one)

The product itself looks good, and the website says it will never need painting, which makes me laugh, because someone on this site will paint it anyway.

Good luck!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC