renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > That's unusual then. But with no spark it's either a shorted wire
Login | Register

That's unusual then. But with no spark it's either a shorted wire

Posted by Bruno1949 Moderator on May 29th, 2011 08:41 PM
In reply to Replaced ignition module in 2009 by Perwel on May 29th, 2011 05:43 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post (s) for this thread:
> There are three things you need to have an engine run. by Bruno1949 on 05/29/2011

that's killing the spark or a bad module again. Check the wiring to make sure things are good, no frayed insulation or disconnected connectors. My module ran fine for three years before the wife filled the tank with straight unleaded. 5 minutes later spark was the least of my problems. I heard the engine seize from my hospital bed two miles away. OK, maybe not, but I'm sure it wasn't pretty.

Two bad modules would sort of disprove the "new and improved" claim. Still, there aren't too many other options at this point. The spark plug could be shorted or cracked but that is about as likely as getting hit by a meteorite while mowing. Still, pull the plug and check it and then connect the spark plug wire to it and make sure the threads are resting on the head or some other metal part of the mower. When you try to start it you should see a nice bright spark. If not the module is dead again.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2014 Renovate Your World LLC