> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Thanks to all- here's some missing info...
Login | Register

Thanks to all- here's some missing info...

Posted by Brian Ke. on August 11th, 2000 10:51 PM
In reply to Last chance for answer re:Basement vapor barrier by Brian K. on August 10th, 2000 10:11 PM [Go to top of thread]

To those that couldn't answer because I didn't list all that pertinent facts about the basement construction environment:
1)I live in southeastern NY (LongIsland)

2)The basement foundation is poured concrete, 7' high w/ aprox. 6'below grade level.

3)There will be a hung ceiling that will allow air located behind the walls to circulate since the drywall won't go completely up to the top of the outside framed studs so I can occasionally inspect for termites, etc.

4)I am trying to get an answer as to whether adding either passive outside venting or adding a small fan to allow air to move across the deadspace behind the walls will help protect the insulation (the laundry area is not finished, so the airspace behind the finished area can circulate from here).

5)The finished area does have 2 windows, but they open to a vented crawspace created by an addition to the first floor. So natural ventilation and light is hindered in this area (the landry area has 3 small windows that can supply some fresh air if needed, but the door to the burner will have to be left open.

I hope this provides some answers for the questions posted by some of you.
Thanks again.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC