> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > thanks so far
Login | Register

thanks so far

Posted by Johnny P on August 9th, 2001 09:25 AM
In reply to Tore down a wall; how to deal with the gap in the hardwood floor? by Johnny P on August 8th, 2001 05:34 PM [Go to top of thread]

thanks for the suggestions folks. since my wife and i bought this house, we've been thinking about knocking that wall down and i have been sulking and procrastinating because i knew it would be a pain (yeah, i planned on doing "both" sides even back then.)

i have some experience with hardwood flooring -- enough to know that it's hard to rip the the boards up without ruining them, that i'll be doing back exercises for a week after i'm done, that my best hope for a "match" in grain and color is a nice tiger-stripe that doesn't make you dizzy....

fortunately, the people who built this house really weren't great flooring contractors. i can't screw it up too much more than it is.

i thought about the perpendicular strip, maybe even putting in some of that cheap parquet flooring, but i don't want to subdivide the room. believe me, i tried to convince myself that that solution was the best, but it just wouldn't look good. i think i'm stuck. if one of you guys could pick up my muscle-relaxer prescription, i'd appreciate it. i've got some work to do.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC