> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Thanks Insulator ...
Login | Register

Thanks Insulator ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on November 16th, 2000 11:39 AM
In reply to Crawlspace Insulation by The Insulator on November 16th, 2000 10:53 AM [Go to top of thread]

You've said more than I expected, all of it very useful!

The only 'minor' thing is the base of my crawl is poured. Hence, no need for plastic and gravel and all that. As for the little moisture it gets, it's not that much. In addition, most of it was coming from my lot being over-saturated from my 'uphill' neighbor's downspout over-draining onto my lot. I've managed to capture a lot of it in a french drain but at times, when everything is overly saturated, it just makes its way to the crawl. My crawl is at the back of the house which has a veranda. It's virtually impossible to do anything 'underground' given this. So, I've had to resort to intercepting the water and getting rid of it as best I can. Given the fence, the trees, the slab (for the A/C), and the 'small' area in which to work between our homes, I've managed to significantly 'control' the problem. In the summer, the welcomed cool floor is nice. It's the winter I want to 'change'.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. If you have more to 'add', I'm listening. Otherwise, see ya on the Forum!

Jay J -Moderator

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC