> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Thanks, Henry & Hank
Login | Register

Thanks, Henry & Hank

Posted by Andrew in NY on January 7th, 2000 02:55 PM
In reply to A rose looks nice but it's cabbage that makes a better soup by Hank Metz on January 7th, 2000 02:12 PM [Go to top of thread]

Henry & Hank

I think I will probably go with the 45 degree angle brackets. I can dress those up to look good. We have somewhat of a country look in the house, and that's why I was considering the butcherblock or solid wood, rather than a laminated surface. Henry, in your post, you advised against solid wood. What is your reason? Would I have to worry about warping? I would imagine that the solid wood surface would be lighter than the butcherblock, and therefore place less stress on the supports. Perhaps it would be more prone to splitting than the butcherblock. Anyway, I think the 45 degree angle brackets would be acceptable, both to the look and our knees!

Henry, assuming I go with the wooden angle brackets, do I need to be concerned with mounting it to the footer of the opening? I would imagine that I would not have to through-bolt it, but could probably use wood screws through the footer into the countertop, without penetrating the surface of the countertop. Any further advice would be appreciated.

Again, thanks guys.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC