> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > thanks, Henry
Login | Register

thanks, Henry

Posted by Norm C on April 4th, 2001 12:00 AM
In reply to I agree, sort of..... by Henry in MI on April 3rd, 2001 11:10 PM [Go to top of thread]

Henry, I concur with you wholeheartedly about the strips and the planer approach. Actually, I just came back to the Board after writing to Boyd via off-Board e-mail. I suggested almost the same thing, except that ... if the gaps are long and many, he might want to consider routing the gap to make it regular and then bandsawing some strips of the appropriate width and length and glue/nailing them into the routed channels. If the routed gap is left about 1/8-inch or so above the base oif the floorboards, it would give plenty of glue surface. When the Gorilla Glue dires, the "Dutchman" can be sanded flush with the surrounding floor. We are both "blind" about what the floor actually looks like. I am a router person, whenever I can tackle the problem with one, I do it. This sounds like a classic case where the router could be the right tool. After all, that is how some special borders and inlays are done, via routed channels or patterns in an existing floor.
True, this approach requires woodworking skills. If necessary, I am sure that Boyd can locate a craftsman in the area or Boyd himself may be savvy about this special operation. Instead of worrying about what to use to fill the crevices, we are talking about how to get rid of the "bigger" crevices altogether.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC