> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Thanks for your responses! more
Login | Register

Thanks for your responses! more

Posted by Kris on June 29th, 2000 05:01 PM
In reply to Has anyone had experience with getting rid of a swimming pool? m by Kris on June 27th, 2000 12:55 PM [Go to top of thread]

Lots of interesting ideas...

but I think JB is on the ball with this one :-)

I agree with JB - I think a pool is a liability in many ways and makes it harder to sell your home, so no big loss.
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, where the housing market is insane!! It's becoming popular to buy older homes in desirable neighborhoods, demolish them and rebuild new houses!
That's why we had to compromise and buy a house with a pool - not much to choose from! Glad we bought last year because prices have gone up by 40%!

I was searching for info on this but i didn't know what to call it - pool demolition, huh?

I did call someone who does it locally (though I was not happy with his attitude so I'm searching for someone else now!)
He did explain that it is important to jackhammer holes in the bottom and compact the "filling". I even went by a neighbor's house yesterday - I heard she had her pool
removed and replaced with grass three years ago (just planted topsoil) and so far so good!!

Thanks again for your help..

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC