> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Thanks for your analysis
Login | Register

Thanks for your analysis

Posted by paul on April 16th, 2000 11:06 AM
In reply to numerous red flags by bc on April 15th, 2000 02:36 PM [Go to top of thread]

My house is 2200 square feet, 700 on the lower level and 1500 on the upper level. About 800 of that has vaulted ceilings. There is considerable southwest exposure. Current system has cooled the house OK but it runs continuously during hot spells and temp tends to creep up beyond set point on extremely hot days, even with blinds closed. So I do feel it a 2.5 ton unit is too small but don't think it's a big enough problem to replace coils, etc.

I appreciate your thoughts on what else could be causing the problem the serviceman described. He initially said the unit was "pulling too many amps" before he declared that the compressor was shot. I cannot run the unit at all. When I turn it on it just hums. Not even the fan runs on the outside unit. I too am very skeptical of his offer to sell me a unit that he just happens to have. He claims he bought it for a rental property he owned, but then ended up selling the property before he ever installed the unit. It is new, with full manufacturer waranty. I am, however, a bit leary of Janitrol quality and of not having a reputable dealer install.

I am going to get second (maybe third) opinions. Intend to call other service companies and not tell them what the other guy said, and then see what they do or recommend.

Thanks for your expertise. I really appreciate it.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC