> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Thanks for the lighter side
Login | Register

Thanks for the lighter side

Posted by bc on February 12th, 2000 01:19 AM
In reply to I'll get in as well ;-) by Wick on February 11th, 2000 12:10 PM [Go to top of thread]

I wrote a post this morning but evidently my computer messed up so I'll try to recreate it.

I wasn't trying to start a war with BobF, I just stated my opinion on going with wood based on the information available to me and after having put up many a wood stud wall. I requested the discourse from BobF to further enlighten me but mainly to provide more information for the readers of this forum.

After seeing BobF's latest post, I have now learned more about steel and may actually try it on my next job. I've fought the problems with lumber also and now am very picky about buying lumber even though it costs more than I can get it at home cheapo. Quality counts for something (a quality job bid is better than a lower quality cheaper bid) and some of that cheap lumber (even if it is behind the wall) doesn't cut it. I've fought termites also but I still haven't given up on wood.(sure wish I could find some chlordane laying around)

I think we can all have our own opinions, respect each others opinions, and agree to disagree at times without getting upset. I'm new around here but the more information and education we can provide a forum reader, the better they can make a decision. I don't force my opinion on others and assume the forum readers are smart enough that they can sort through everything and decide for themselves. I've fought termites also but I still haven't given up on wood yet.

So metal or wood?, as others have said, thats an individual decision just like wall and floor coverings. Good luck to all.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC