> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Thanks For The Clarifications ...
Login | Register

Thanks For The Clarifications ...

Posted by Jay J on April 3rd, 2000 08:45 AM
In reply to Thanks.... by Terry on April 2nd, 2000 12:03 PM [Go to top of thread]

As I mentioned before, because of the 'lengths' you went to, I'd have to give you the benefit of the doubt. At worst, if I was a manager, in a case where someone brings in 50 tools, unless they showed the 'signs' you just stated (melted plastic, burned, etc., etc.), I'd have to ask for 'something'. My conscience wouldn't sleep well even if the policy says, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. BUT, since your tools HAD the signs of melted plastic and burns, I'd be very inclined to exorcise the NO QUESTIONS ASKED and given you your tools.

I'm sincerely glad that other Sears' stores and ******* sided w/your situation. I've returned my Craftsman Hand Tools to a number of Sears stores with no questions asked. In all cases, though, it was just 1 tool. As far as hearing the 'moans and groans' of identity-less posters, they lack all credibility with me. It's so easy to hide behind a name like the Idiot Police and the Tool Guy. I get 3 e-mail address from my provide at NO CHARGE. And I use 1 for posting on the WEB and the other for my personal use. IMO, there's no excuse for not using a real identity on this Forum. Yes, it's a public Forum. Yes, it's NOT moderated. Neither is a good street fight in City Park but there are unwritten rules and etiquette, nonetheless. If that whoever it is wants to hide behind the WEB wall where we can't see him, let him. As he puts it, it's his choice. We just won't listen to him and most likely suggest the same to others. I/we can only hope he goes away ...

Check out how he handles himself in a later Post: The Dude. Happy trail, Terry, and thanks again for clearing it up for all of us!

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC