renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Thanks....
Login | Register

Thanks....

Posted by Terry on April 2nd, 2000 12:03 PM
In reply to My Take ... by Jay J on March 29th, 2000 12:25 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Jay j,
I want to say THANK YOU for acknowledging the fact that caftsman could be at fault... You would be surprised at how many people act like your trying to tell them some dark secret about a close relative... They just want to deny its possibility... You were brought up with open eyes... Good people...
Whether or not anybody believes me is besides the point... But I do see that some info was left out... The fire was very small... It was a short in the wiring... My mother had just passed away recently and left the home to me... I chose to have the electric turned on before getting the insurance, my mistake... as far as the craftsman handtools isn't the "FULL UNLIMITED WARRANTY" suppose to be insurance? I paid for it...

Insurance:
A system under which individuals, businesses, and other organizations or entities, in exchange for payment of a sum of money (called a premium), are guaranteed compensation for losses resulting from certain perils under specified conditions in a contract.

I have a set of 585 pieces... about 50 of which were broken and in a seperate plastic box... The fire burned only a small portion of the home... But did melt the plastic onto the tools, the rest of my set was to the front of the garage and uneffected...
As far as bringing in proof of the fire. This was after the assistant manager had told me straight out he could tell anyone he would not exchange thier Craftsman handtools for whatever reason he wanted... after he also told me he had the document showing what reason were not approved for exchanging craftsman handtools which turned out to be the "FULL UNLIMITED WARRANTY"...
What if everytime you brought in your Craftsman handtools they looked them over, ask you what was wrong with them then told you they wouldn't exchange them unless you showed proof of why they were broken... Sounds far fetched huh? I lived through it for about six months...

As far as going to another Sears I did, four in all and every one of them told me they would exchange them, they did't even question me...
I even told them the problems I had at my local store... They said the people at my local store were very, very wrond about the policy... all of them told me that if I were to walk outside, come back in and tell them the tools they just gave me were broken they would have to replace them...
They said the customer makes that judgement and that they have to abide by it, as the policy states... That there is no reasons for the tools not to be exchanged... "SATISFACTION GUARANTEED".
One of the other Sears store clerks was so eager he even had started to exchange them before I could tell him "no" and thank him for being so polite...
Why didn't I just exchange them? The closest Sears other than my local Sears is 30-40 miles away... And think about how many people this store has thinking this is just the way it is...
Next time your in your Sears store ask them what thier policy is... There are other Sears stores that go by the same type policy as my local Sears, Ive had contact with people that have had the same type of problem...But there are very few... What I went through no one should of had to go through... They scorned me, ridiculed me, told me to leave the store... all because I wanted satisfaction, not my tools exchanged...
Just satisfaction...
If the assistant manager would of shown me a real document proving his view of the policy, if I would of got the same treatment at the other four Sears...
Just something that would prove to me that its the way it is for everyone, then I would of been satisfied... The guys who are sassing me, are guys that can go in for any reason and are able to exchange thier craftsman tools... They have not encountered such a beast as my local Sears and for GODs sake I hope they never do...
*** **** told me my local Sears was wrong in thier opinion of the Sears policy, webmaster@sears.com told me they were wrong,
The main branch of Sears told me they were wrong...
The way my local sears wanted to fix it was to have me bring in documents like it was me that was wrong... they should have changed thier opinion to match the warranty....
Like I stated I wanted to be the rule not the exception... this problem made me feel like I was at the mercy of the assistant manager's opinion. Which was he could deny exchanging craftsman handtools for whatever reason he wanted....

Thanks for hearing me, sorry you had to hear the moans and groans of people who don't leave any identity... That should of given me alot of merit cause I left my real name and e-mail address... The only e-mail I have recieved has been from very supportive people... You are from good people... Thanks,
Terry....

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC