> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Thanks
Login | Register

Posted by BP on November 27th, 2001 11:14 AM
In reply to Thoughts ... by Jay J -Moderator on November 27th, 2001 10:56 AM [Go to top of thread]

Thanks, Jay J. Your assumptions are correct--it is raised flooring, about 3-4 feet of space between the earth and the raised flooring. The access panel has already experienced rot, but I can't speak for the rest of the plywood panels across the basement, or the ones nearest the access panel; they don't seem as "gushy" or flexible when you walk on them compared to the access panel. I haven't jumped down in there and taken a good look, but I will do so tonight. The best I can do for a view is look underneath at the nearest 10 square feet or so surrounding the access panel. Otherwise, I'd need my caving gear to crawl the entire 1500 square feet.
The vented space is a totally different crawl space--it sits underneath our first floor living room, and from the basement floor, you stand on a chair to gain access to it. I just mentioned this space because it does not have dampness problems.
I like your idea about getting everything in writing describing what fixes the problem and what will please the inspector. I will follow up with my realtor. I am also having the original installer of the humidistat take a look to see if the device is working properly.
ps) The initial buyers completely backed out of the deal, not wanting to know if I'd be willing to fix the problem. They are too paranoid about the killer molds stories going around.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC