> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > THANK YOU THANK YOU
Login | Register

Posted by Peggy O'Connor on June 13th, 1998 10:04 AM
In reply to Know you know..... by Brian Ewing on June 13th, 1998 08:27 AM [Go to top of thread]

I don't think they will EVER make the mistake of using styrofoam again, as it ended up costing a HUGE amount of money in wasted material, as well as all the other problems. As for the "rolled stuff" - as far as I know, it doesn't exist, only in my imagination I was just trying to imagine a material which could work. I just do the murals and illustration type painting, not the woodwork. But when I was talking to the guys, they made a bet with me--if I could find some other solution that would work within three weeks, etc. Maybe I'll win the bet! The Composition Ornament sounds promising. Where do you get it? What are some brand names?

Also, I watched a framer one time make a mold off some real fancy carved wood with flexible molding, then he poured plaster into the mold, and was able to glue the result to a plain frame to make it fancy. It occurred to me that this might be an interesting way to create a custom pattern for Crown Moulding.

Thanks again,

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC