> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Thank you....
Login | Register

Thank you....

Posted by Bruce M on February 26th, 1998 09:53 PM
In reply to Question for Bruce M. by Shawn on February 26th, 1998 11:22 AM [Go to top of thread]

Thanks for the kind words.

Sorry, but glass blocks is one of those things I have never attempted. They look very nice when done right.....I've just never done them. There are some posts below on purchasing the blocks and some hints on how to design. Hmmmm, now I'm curious...might give it a try :-)

I did my bar our of pine cabinets I made and painted with an antique stipple. My counter top is formica with a beveled hardwood facing. I like the finish look, and I did it for little money.

My floor I finished with a combination of a tight-weave, jute backed carpet that has held up quite well, despite the ravages of teenagers a couple of years ago. In the bath and kitchenette areas, I used vinyl. It cleans up from outdoor dirt quite easily and can be fairly easily removed if I elect to go with another floor covering. Although I've not had any type of flooding problems, it is a concern that has prompted me to keep to the less expensive floor coverings. One good flooding and most floor coverings with perhaps the exception of tile, will be shot and need to be replaced.

What are you using for heating. My one regret is that I added only two registers for heating and A/C...not enough. To use the basement family room in the winter, we've had to buy a 220V spaceheater that I have to temporarily wire in ....ugh.

Please post back and give a rundown on what you have done, offering some tips to those thinking of doing it. Its easiest to do that now, with the construction fresh on your mind.

Best wishes

Bruce M

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC