> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Textured Ceilings
Login | Register

Textured Ceilings

Posted by Ed Parker on February 11th, 2000 10:31 AM
In reply to stucco for ceiling by J Belzile on February 10th, 2000 06:00 PM [Go to top of thread]

I am assuming you really want a textured ceiling, resembling stucco. Typically it is made from common drywall compund and applied either with a trowel, like tradional stucco, or with a brush on a pole, that is dipped into the compound and swirled onto the ceiling. Each swirl overlaps the next, creating a continuous pattern. As for coloring, I have never seen anyone add color, as this dries a very flat white. Painting afterward would be difficult, due to the ridges. I would guess you could add a coloring agent to the compound and mix it thoroughly with a drill-assisted power mixer, utilizing the same amount of color per bucket, but I'd doubt you'd have an exact match from batch to batch. Paint stores sell latex tinting dyes used in paint. For long term maintenance, may I suggest staying with the white. If a repair is necessary, matching the new work with the old is very easy, utilizing the same brand drywall compound. I'd recommend USG, since they will be around for a long time. Best of Luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC