> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Termites eat cellulose...
Login | Register

Termites eat cellulose...

Posted by Jim -ATS on May 5th, 2000 01:32 PM
In reply to termites and flooring by judy on May 5th, 2000 12:40 PM [Go to top of thread]

If the material DOES NOT contain cellulose, your little friends won't be interested in it. They'll go for your studs and wall sheathing instead. I concerns me that you are asking what flooring is termite proof on a concrete slab. HOW are the termites going to get there? If your building is constructed right, this should not even be an issue, unless you are opening a store that sells termites. Could you elaborate? Termites in general don't like pressure treated wood, and that is what should be used for the sill plates of the walls, (where the walls meet the concrete) On the exterior, the grade to siding clearance should be AT LEAST 4". Typically, most siding warranties are void if the clearance is not at least 4", and you cannot have any bushes or other plants within 2" of the house (this encourages pests too).

DO NOT put a wood stack next to the house where it will stay nice and dry under the soffits. Termites, rats, mice, ants, and all manner of other beasts LOVE this!

Post back with more questions if this didn't work. Sorry if I strayed too far from your question.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC