> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Telephone Lines
Login | Register

Telephone Lines

Posted by Mike from Homeworks on September 11th, 1998 09:24 PM
In reply to Phone lines by Henry in MI on September 11th, 1998 08:41 AM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

Moderator Post (s) for this thread:
> Replace or Repair ? by doug seibert on 05/10/2005

Hey Craig,

To clarify a couple of things. Four wires coming into the house does not mean four lines. It means two lines; that is assuming you have a black, red, green, yellow. Generally the red and green are one line, and the yellow and black are the additional line. While the best way (my opinion) is to have two lines coming in, you should be able to jump the other line and connect all phone lines together. That is if it is wired this way. If you don't want to have the additonal phone line. I can't answer this without knowing how your house is wired. Call forwarding is a great option. It can be disabled by adding *70 before the number your modem dials to for your internet connection. Also, you could have call forward fix installed on your line by the phone company. For an additonal charge you have voice mail if you have another call while you are on your computer it simply goes to your voice mail box. Check with the phone company for these features. Any other questions feel free to email me. Oh yeah, if you have kids, get them their own teen line you wont have to worry about using your phone!
Good Luck, Mike

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC