> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Taper jig
Login | Register

Taper jig

Posted by Henry in MI on August 10th, 2000 04:11 PM
In reply to Tapered legs by scott t on August 10th, 2000 07:43 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi, Scott. You can buy a taper jig from or at any of the Woodcraft stores or you can order from Woodworkers Supply at 800-645-9292 (price is $16.95) or you can take some long scraps and a 2" hinge and make yourown. Norm had the verbal description in one of his early shows and there has probably been plans and an article in one of the woodworking magazines. You shouldn't have much trouble with this. If you want to taper both sides of the leg, the jig is almost easier to make but harder to describe. You have to make up for the wood you lost on the first taper when you set up for the second taper.

Good luck
Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC