> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Tape question
Login | Register

Tape question

Posted by Mike on November 22nd, 2002 02:23 PM
In reply to This does happen now and then by Moderator, Steve on November 22nd, 2002 10:16 AM [Go to top of thread]

Most of the tape in question is on the roof. The roof has blown texture, and it does appear that the tape was not covered by another layer of drywall.

Please provide a little more info on the tape. I'm familiar with the paper tape that was originally used. I'm assuming this does not need adhesive?

I have also seen a fiberglass mesh tape with adhesive on the back. This tape has about 1/8 or 1/4 inch rectangles and the fiberglass filaments are very thin. This tape is about 95% open. Is this the fiberglass tape you are recommending I use?

Another question regarding the roof. I recently had a new heating and a/c system installed in the attic. I think all of the walking around up there caused some of the tape to lose adhesion. We use the attic for storage, and I put down 3/4" plywood over the boards. I am heavy and my wife says you can see the ceiling deflect some when carrying or moving around boxes in the attic. Based on that, am I better off with paper tape or fiberglass tape?

Thanks for your help.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC