> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > tankless natural gas water
Login | Register

tankless natural gas water

Posted by mICHAEL vesteL on December 8th, 2002 11:26 PM
In reply to tankless water heaters by jim on August 30th, 2002 09:17 AM [Go to top of thread]

Im trying to figure out which tankless natural gas water heater to go with. I measured my water usage and have a small house. Here is my usage:

1.3g/min Bathroom sink
1.5g/min Kitchen Sink
2.3g/min for Shower
We also have:
Dishwasher (this can heat its water electrically and we never need to run it during showering)
Washing machine (almost never use hot water, only during washing of whites and never during shower)

As also we have a closed system spa (its own heater), thus, we do not shower very often or for very long. It also has an outdoor shower we use so the water is heated for that via the spa heater, no hot water heater is required.

We only have two living in our house, though we plan on children. We also wish to add an addition in 2004. Im willing to add another heater at that time.

Our hot water heater sprung a leak and when I went to get a new one, I realized I should use this opportunity to try the new technology. I have read an article about it in Handy magazine and am convinced it will work for us.

5gal/min (300g/hr) seems like it should work for us. Id like to get your opinion about the brands you sell.

4gal/min (200g/min) seems to be too close for comfort, but not sure.

Id like to use the vent for the current water heater I have. It appears to be as large as five or five and a half inches diameter vent. Id rather not use a power vent.

Can you please also tell me something about the required temperature rise for the usage described.

Look forward to your suggestions.

Michael Vestel
2833 26th Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
Phone: 415.824.1662
Efax: 508.355.7792

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC