> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Tankless et. al. ...
Login | Register

Tankless et. al. ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on May 7th, 2001 12:11 PM
In reply to New Hot Water Heater by Tim on May 7th, 2001 09:30 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Tim,

Well, has your existing HWH served you well??? If so, personally, I'd stick w/the brand. Other than that, perhaps someone else has a specific recommendation ...

RE: tankless units - Yes, they're fine for the home. Europeans have been using them for many, MANY years w/great success. You can search the WEB for Tankless Hot Water Systems. And if you're 'lucky' enough, Brian 'Tankless' Wood will post here and offer his assistance. He's the resident 'expert' on the subject (by my standards only.)

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: 80 gallon system for a home??? Yea, I guess, BUT if you have multiple showers/baths, perhaps 'splitting off' the bathroom(s) that aren't used that much onto a tankless system, and going w/a 40 gallon unit for the bathrooms that ARE used a lot. If you go tankless in ANY respect, be sure you have an Installer that's familiar with installing and 'sizing' these types of units. (You'll have to live with the 'results' forever ...)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC