> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > T.S.P. if you MUST...
Login | Register

T.S.P. if you MUST...

Posted by jb on September 6th, 2000 09:22 AM
In reply to clean "fake" brick insode of wood burning fireplace by S Sanders on September 6th, 2000 05:35 AM [Go to top of thread]

I would try T.S.P. and warm water while wearing gloves IF I were to try it. (Tri Sodium Phosphate is available in all hardware stores and home centers as a non-name brand cleaning product.) You really shouldn't worry about it though because the inside of a fireplace is SUPPOSED to be black and sooty. Unless you are never going to use the fireplace again you are really just creating extra work for yourself as you will have to do it after every fire. Also, if this is a metal unit with cement fire brick panels, you probably should not get it wet as you will promote rust and rot out your unit eventually. Just my 2 cents worth...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC