> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > swimming pool
Login | Register

swimming pool

Posted by Brad on August 28th, 2000 08:29 AM
In reply to finish work on swimming pool... by mary on August 26th, 2000 10:56 AM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

I dont know any of these guys personally that help on this Forum but I do come and go a lot just to read and learn. I have to tell you that jj and all the others dont get paid for helping (or trying to help) others on this forum. They donate their time for no money. They ALL know a lot about enough that if they formed their own company, they'd put everyone else out of business. (Except when it comes to swimming pools.)

I think as a casual observer I can see where jj is coming from. If you took some time to read some of the questions posted here you will find that they are vague and general and usually generate MORE questions. Sure, maybe he was wrong (sorry jj, it's a lack of better words) in assuming you didnt know what you were doing, but at the same time, you didn't say much in your original Post. Just one sentence about a job that takes a lot of skill.

You DID say "can't find any info on what's best to use and how to apply" Beings that is all you said, I (not anyone else) would think that since you dont know how to apply, maybe you are out of your league. From there, he 'made assumptions' for lack of not hearing what you DID know; not what you didn't know.

I can see that you didnt get any responses from anyone who KNOWS how to finish a swimming pool. Either 'they' think you are vague in what you DO know or 'they' don't know how to do it either. You want FREE advice, right? Keep that in mind (it goes a long way) when asking a question that you're seeking professional advice for FREE. You won't have much luck getting help by stopping by a site that's having a swimming pool built. They have work to do. They don't have the time to 'talk' about what is involved in taking business away from them. I'm sorry but that's how they see it. The contractors in the field figure that if you want to do a job on your own, why should I help you take business away from me. (Not all do this; it IS what puts food on the table!) And as I see it, right now with all the Responses you got to your original post, jj is right! Get a pro because you're not getting an answer here. Perhaps next time you can say more about what you want to do and about what you know and about what you 'saw' on TV. I think you'll get a response with some HELP in it! You could have said what research you DID do too. That way, when someone suggests that you, say, search the WEB, your reply won't be like, "I know I can search the WEB!!! I have searched the WEB!!! I just wanted info on a show that we saw not long ago to see if it was any better than what we are plannin on doing ourseves!!! They posted this question on their page.. I didn't. I don't mean to be heavy ~ but if you don't even know what is meant when I say 'swimming pool finish work' ~ WHY DID YOU EVEN REPLY!!! For your info 'swimming pool finish work' is putting the White Portland Cement with Marble Dust' on the inner walls of the swimming pool. Thank you for your help?????? I did search the WEB. Mary"

So help yourself and don't be so vague. Just bring this all full circle, I use to help build and finish pools while I was going to college. (It was a great job but I've moved onto doing things I want to do for the rest of my life.) So with your attitude I have opted not to help you.

I don't get paid by *** **** or anyone when I help someone on this BBS. have you searched the WEB?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC