> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Surface Wiring
Login | Register

Surface Wiring

Posted by BobB on November 30th, 2001 09:41 AM
In reply to installing electric in log home kitchen by jeff on November 30th, 2001 01:12 AM [Go to top of thread]

You can install the wiring using a code approved surface mounting wiring system. One brand that I used a number of years ago was called "Wiremold", but I'm not sure if that's still the name. I do remember passing by a display in a home supply store recently. The system consists of channels which mount on the wall, and coordinating shallow depth surface mounted boxes for receptacles and switches. Make sure you follow the NEC rules for the correct number of circuits in a kitchen, and the correct number of recptacles per foot of countertop. Also don't forget you need to use GFCI type receptacles.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

  • Wiring by Joe  12/2/01 09:10 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC