> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Surface Runoff
Login | Register

Surface Runoff

Posted by Jack Masters on February 3rd, 2000 08:47 AM
In reply to water by Marty on January 23rd, 2000 08:27 PM [Go to top of thread]

Marty, Your problem may not be surface run off.
You indicate that the water is "coming in from the bottom of the foundation". This is a strong indication that deeper ground water is the cause of the problem.Also,you mention that "its winter here",yet the water continues to flow.Again,the indication is for deep water(i.e. water flowing beneath the frost line).While there is nothing wrong with checking your downspouts/discharge lines ,or with regrading ,don't be suprised if these measures fail to aleviate the problem. I would also be cautious about a major expenditure of time and/or money in this case because,since the water is coming in at the base of the foundation,it may be entering from under the basement floor.If this is true, an exterior solution may not be possible.This type of problem can be frustrating and expensive to fix as you try one possible solution after another. Right now,I think you need to know more so that you can better define a course of action most likely to succeed.You can learn more at Best Wishes,Jack Masters

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

• water by Marty  1/23/00 08:27 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC