> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Surface mounting a ceiling fan
Login | Register

Surface mounting a ceiling fan

Posted by Barry Barnett on February 16th, 1999 03:30 AM
In reply to Installing ceiling fans by Bruce Miller on August 10th, 1997 10:37 PM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

Moderator Post:
> Ceiling Fan tips by dmasher on 11/08/2004

I realize you are very busy but I am struggling with a project and wonder if you would be willing to offer some advice to us. It would be so much appreciated. We want to surface mount a fan in our CATV equipment shed. The ceilings are already in and are made of wood. Is it okay to mount the ceiling fan base directly to a stud without using a wiring box? If I use a wiring box the fan will look ugly because it will stick out from the ceiling and not mount flush. I will be running the wires through metal conduit and would want to notch out the fans base and add a rubber grommet to slip the wires under. Would you know if this is a electrically safe way to mount the fan? It seems to me the wiring would all be surrounded by metal anyway, the same as it would be if it were inside of a plastic or metal wiring box. What do you think? I would appreciate the advice. Any suggestions as to the best way to surface mount a fan? Is there a ceiling fan that you offer that has surface mount capability? We are very serious buyers so please get back to us today if possible
Barry Barnett

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC