> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Sunroom-polycarbonate roofing
Login | Register

Sunroom-polycarbonate roofing

Posted by Donna on January 31st, 2002 10:49 PM

I built a sunroom over an existing 12x12 concrete patio off a rambler style 70's house with a sliding glass door leading into the house. I used 2x6 rafters and UV resistant clear poly carbonate corrugated roofing on a shed type roof. It is a lovely room with windows all around, french doors on each side. There is plenty of ventilation but the roof drip (there are no leaks) condensation on the tile floor. This room is new and not in use yet. I plan to put wicker furniture out there and use it as a nice garden room. I would prefer no drips. I wondered if I could use a flat, clear, UV resistant plexiglas to bolt onto the bottom of the rafters from the inside, thus creating a space for air to be trapped (as an insulating factor). Would this stop the condensation drips or does anyone have any other ideas. I won't be heating this space as it would not be cost/energy efficient. It will get some residual heat when the sliding glass door is open and as soon as the the sun comes out, it becomes warm. Please advise. Dripping for now.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC