> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Sunroom Ceiling
Login | Register

Sunroom Ceiling

Posted by Cynthia on October 11th, 2000 02:48 PM

I recently purchased a home and it has a beautiful sunroom on it. One of the first things I did was paint all the ceilings in my house a fresh white including the sunroom (I thought). Once I made the first stroke across the stippled ceiling of the sunroom the stippling just started to fall/flake off and crumble to the ground. Of course I stopped and decided I need to scrap all of the stipple off and just paint the flat ceiling but once I tried to do this many areas would not come off while some just fell to the floor. Now I have a ceiling of partially stippled and partially plain with drywall showing through. I was wondering is there a product I could put over the remaining stiple along with the rest of the ceiling to seal out moisture, which is the obvious culprit of the crumbling stipple, and to make the ceiling look good. I was thinking of something like a stucco compound but I knew that would be too heavy but I want a product like that I can just smear all over the ceiling to give it an outside look but look nice. One fact you may need to know is this is a sunroom that the walls are all windows that can be opened at a slant and closed completely flat but it gets hot in the summer and cold in the winter (like a closed in porch). Thanks for any help you can provide or suggestions of what you think I should do. Can the drywall remain as a stable ceiling or am I going to have make a major change?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC