> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > sump pump
Login | Register

sump pump

Posted by Dave in Illinois on September 17th, 1999 10:20 AM
In reply to Sump Pump and Newly Built SF Home by chuck on September 17th, 1999 09:33 AM [Go to top of thread]

We have a sump pump also that during prolonged heavy rains it will kick on every 3-5 minutes depending on how saturated the ground is. During light or short rains the sump stays dries. As far as the draining of the water, I was told that you want to drain it as far from your foundation as possible, you would not want to let that water seep back down around your house. Let me tell you, my father has a newer house and the builders put in a drain tube around the outside of the foundation packed in gravel, then this tube runs through the basement wall into a sump pit and then pumped out. It seems like just when it drizzles there sump pump kicks on but they don't have a lick of water or moisture in there basement. They do however have to have a battery backup sump pump just in case the power goes out during a storm.(and with our power company this is a common occurance). I am sure others will give you more info but thats my 2 cents worth. Good Luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC