> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Suggestions...
Login | Register

Posted by Deanna on March 18th, 2001 08:34 AM
In reply to Bi-Level Curb Appeal Needed by Sarah on March 15th, 2001 03:13 PM [Go to top of thread]

I'm going through the same process. I've visited my local lawn & garden center for landscaping ideas, and I contacted our local Extension office who kindly sent me lists of shrubs and trees that do well in our area.

I visited the Better Homes and Gardens website where there are many landscaping and gardening forums. People there are knowledgeable and happy to help.

One of the first things you can do is enhance your entryway. Potted plants on the steps or porch are simple and inexpensive to do. A bench is a nice touch, if there is room. A natural wreath for the door or just beside the door may work. If your front door is "undesirable" (as mine was) you may decide to change it for a new one...there are so many options in doors these days.

You might consider adding shutters or window boxes to the windows.

Landscaping along the front of the house should provide a "frame". Again, check out the gardening websites for landscape ideas.

And last, but not least, do whatever you can to make certain your neighbor does not park his 1960-s era rusted and beat up EL CAMINO on the curb in front of your house! =^..^=

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC