renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Suggestion...
Login | Register

Suggestion...

Posted by Tiger on January 5th, 2003 07:49 PM
In reply to AC window quality by ROOKIE on January 5th, 2003 11:59 AM [Go to top of thread]

It really depends on what you want to do... a replacement window is simply insert into your existing window from... all they do is remove the old window panes and just insert it in between with good insulation.

The aspect to this is simple and fast install for tight window... no modification to existing interior and exterior wall which will cost you $$$ more money.

However, if you are not going to install these yourselves... you might want to compare it with your local competitors... I assumes they simply buy their windows from whichever major window manufacturer nearby them and relabeled it under their name... and warranty it by themselves... sort of like American Craftman is actually Silverline...

I have seen Owen Corning replacement window offered by Home Depot and they are way better than American Craftman... however... they cost an extreme fortune!...

If you are going to do it the right way... I suggest you look into the Andersen 200 series window... priced not much more than the American Craftman... and way cheaper than their premium 400 series...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC