> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Suede Faux Finish
Login | Register

Suede Faux Finish

Posted by Jay on October 20th, 2001 06:24 PM
In reply to Ralph Lauren Suede Experience by Kenny Hoeschen on July 20th, 1999 03:02 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Ralph Lauren Paint Help by Handyman on 10/27/2004

I have worked with the Suede finish now for over a year on different rooms in my house using the color Spitfire. The xxx's are a problem but there are a couple different ways to minimize the overlapping lines. Working in sections from the ceiling down is an ABSOLUTE "NO NO". Reason being that when you're making your xxx's you are bringing the brush strokes downward; when you begin your next row, and you overlap, you'll get visable lines.

On my basement, I used a darker color Silver Blaze. After rolling the first coat on (and I do agree the foam rollers fall apart you just have to keep throwing them out and using a new one) I then made my xxx's horizontally and just flew...I mean you have to work at lightning speed to keep the paint from drying and getting lines.

I am now taking on my biggest challenge, which is a wall I haven't painted yet from earlier using the Spitfire. This wall is 16 feet tall and about 20 feet wide. I am not going to be able to go lightning speed because I have to keep getting down off the ladder. What I think I'm going to try (because the xxx's are DEFINATELY the way to go if you do it correctly) is after each small section with a partially dry brush is feather out the bottoms of my brush strokes to make them thin. This way, when I start the second row the paint won't be so thick if it overlaps.

For those of you without patience, or a relentless drive to take on a painstaking job, and have to strive for wallpaper.

But....wish me luck!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC