> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > stud walls
Login | Register

stud walls

Posted by Henry in MI on October 20th, 1999 06:56 AM
In reply to Thanks for all the advice. by TW on October 19th, 1999 11:12 PM [Go to top of thread]

You could have not put it better, TW. I have been building with wood for years and have a comfort level. The others have tried the metal studs and like them. They will both do the job so then it becomes a matter of personal taste.

When I go to the home center for wood, I see piles of 2x4s and a lot of it moving out the door. I see a small pile of metal studs but I know that in years to come they will take over more and more. Granted that you can build a lot of things out of 2x4s that you can't out of metal studs, but this comes into the equation also. The tools and techniques that I just used for building workbench/shelf units are similar to the tool and techniques used for building a stud wall, so I keep my comfort level. Others may have more walls to build and it is to their benefit to learn how to use the metal studs and develop their comfort level with them. You can get wood or metal studs at Home Depot, but you can only get Coke there. Just shows that having a choice is better.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC