> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Stuck Aluminum Storm Windows
Login | Register

Stuck Aluminum Storm Windows

Posted by John Gilbert on April 17th, 2003 11:18 AM
In reply to Stuck Windows by Dennis on September 19th, 1999 10:09 AM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 2 people found this post helpful

Hi Jeeves,
My wife and I own a large brick 172 year old home which has wooden slide windows(2 piece) and on the casements there are slide aluminum windows. We were taking the storms out so the painter could get to the windows for painting. Two of the storm windows would not slide up or down (bottom or top). If you can't get the bottom out then you cannot release the top. After checking the frame it appears that the bottom storm is glued at the bottom in the track. I cannot see what the substance is but I have a suspicion that it might be masonry sealer. We had the house pointed off and sealed a couple of years ago. Since I could not lift the window up I had to take both frame and storm windows off the house by removing all of the mounting screws and removing frame and windows as 1 piece. Any suggestions as to how I could loosen the window bottom from the frame slot? Is there anything on the market that dissolve it without damaging the aluminum?
John Gilbert

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC