> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Stucco over drywall in my bathroom
Login | Register

Stucco over drywall in my bathroom

Posted by Amy Lane on November 13th, 2001 08:51 AM

2 of 3 people found this post helpful

OK..I've read gazillion of your question/answer letters. You are awesome! Now maybe you can help ME! I just decided to get this condo out of the 70's! Someone put mirrored tile squares on an entire wall..the kind with the squiggly gold lines. Nice in their time, I guess...but they HAD TO go! So, in the process, the four corners that were stuck with double-faced tape of some sort have torn the drywall. It's not deep tears...maybe one layer. I would like to put a rough looking stucco over it. So far, I have selected from your previous letters, UltraPrime 977 by Roman Adhesives and then "First Coat Primer" before painting. Please tell me if I'm on track...and hurry! Can't let the wall stay like this! I just want to know if stucco will stick to drywall that has been previously painted. do I mix it by hand? I hate to ask the guys at Home Depot, 'cause they just look at me like I'm a dumb woman and give me a lame explanation of a project other than what I asked about. Please help!!!! Thanks a bunch!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC