> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Stucco around main electric panel.
Login | Register

Stucco around main electric panel.

Posted by JAtkinson on May 1st, 2002 10:47 AM

I've just had my electric service moved underground today. When the electrician removed the old meter box, there was no stucco under it and it left about a 1 foot square hole open (and 1" openings all along the old pipe lines) to the wire lath and black paper on my block wall. Okay, so I need to stucco, but here's the problem: the electrician put the new pipe right in front of the hole.

I want the electrican to remove the pipe so I can stucco, but he says just stucco up onto the pipe. I like to have quality workmanship on my home improvment projects and this looks sloppy to me.

What are the normal construction methods used for this type of project? Who should do the stucco repair? Can it be done during the service changeover rather than after?

Also, what would it be a range of typical prices to pay for the electrician to do the removal of the old meter box and pipe from meter to panel, and install the new meter box and new pipe from meter to panel?

I am in South Florida. Thanks in advance.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

  • stucco by stegve  5/3/02 06:03 AM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC