> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > stubborn white glue under those cheesy borders
Login | Register

stubborn white glue under those cheesy borders

Posted by arlen margolin on March 17th, 2002 12:41 PM
In reply to Border Adhesive by Bruce Ridenour on March 14th, 2002 06:19 PM [Go to top of thread]

Now that i think of it i had much more trouble getting rid of a border that managed to get me to let him stay in my spare room.. Although i never did use chemicals to speed up his removal! But if you have a simple problem of a mere wallpaper border affixed either with its own self adhered backing or one that resembles some hybrid of elmers white glue, there is a technique that now that i think of it will put on some late nite marathon advertisement, and not divuldge the price untill you fall fast asleep or if i do i will probably dance and double talk and mention many prices that you wont have to pay but never ever will i let you know how much this remedy will end up costing you ... never..... but since i will probably never go through what ever is involved to hawk this simple and probably not salable product since there is really no thing that i can give you for money. All you have to do is hang some material that can be pinned to the surface that is the most denominated commonly visible schmutts that is left after you have removed any reasonably peelablecrap (usually the cheesy looking pattern or race car or vegtable that has dominated your every thought while hung is what comes off with the aid of a putty knife or any tool that will aid in the lifting and removval up to the paper backing, and devil glue that seemingly will be there along with the last vestiges to walk the planet after doomsday. (the cockaroches) and maybe squirrels. So to make a simple and minnially laborious task a bit more envolved, you merely spray this material that is titely pinned to the residual leftover schkoonga, with a solution of co-naclo2-sulfidehydroxabatationatationatatudadanalest-07, if not avalible you can use very hot tap watter. Keep spraying untill this covering is saturated and continue to do so at intervals between any other activity but picking at that lousy son of a glued down mess of maddness. In case you are wondering why my demeanor and writing style is "bordering" on psychotic mania, just start picking at that paper backing that seemingly will never come off. Anyway if it takes two hours of comming back into the room and coating the pinned fabric with a spray of (probably you will have opted for the water) whatever, do just that, but when the time has come that your putty knife is glidding effortlessly through thew schmuttiesque material and that demon glue, this be your time to shime. If you are of the kind that is diabolicly lazy, such as myself, tape your tool to a broomstick, slide your ladder aside, and glide arround the room like Tread AStair or Ginger Slothers, and this gargantuan task will be cut down to... what was that singer Peggy .... Peggy you know the song " Is that all there is" da da de da da da de well happy dreckeratin" and next time try to use one of those psychic decorators that can clue you in to what color stripe or fruit will be the next trend..... Psst. dont hold me to it but my sources tell me that Paisely Frogs and Purple poodles will make a resurgance in late fall 2012, so those of you that havent taken your paper down since the 50's, hang in there and save your money , i have also been told that Taiwaneese bric and brac will skyrocket when the world Chaach Market collapses.... Arlen Margolin

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC