> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Striping paint off molding
Login | Register

Striping paint off molding

Posted by Bruce M on February 8th, 1998 08:43 PM
In reply to Stripping paint from moulding by Jenn on February 8th, 1998 11:13 AM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 2 people found this post helpful

Hi Jenn:

Peel-Away is a paste that comes in a 1 or 5 gallon container, that you apply directly to the painted wood (about 1/8" thick), then apply a kind of wax paper that comes with it, then let set for 24 to 36 hours, then peel off. The product comes in grades (1 through 4 I believe), each one for a different kind of finish you are wanting to eventually apply. That is, the harshest grade will actually stain the underlying wood, which is ok if you plan on repainting. But you will want to use a grade that is less harsh if you plan on using a natural finish. It is carried now by most of the big home improvement centers and most paint specialty stores. Its a bit pricey, but sure beats the heck out of the old methylene chloride scraping.

Hope this helps

Bruce M

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC