> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > storm window's
Login | Register

storm window's

Posted by Debra Doane on December 27th, 2002 06:07 AM
In reply to condensation/ice on storm windows by Al on December 26th, 2002 08:39 AM [Go to top of thread]

My suggestion regarding the condensation is to remove the window, clean the inside window's and then apply some caulking sealant around the entire window, and put the storm window back up carefully so at to come in contact with the adhesive, this will help seal the window, and reduce the condensation, or remove it entirely. I have a old home which my brother-in-law decided to remove all the storm windows and he failed to reseal all the storm windows and we have the same problem. Water actually goes between both windows, we have a two story home which was built in the 1800's. I am unable to climb and need scaffolding to reach the windows or I would show him how you reseal these windows, but of course he doesn't have to pay the heating bills and he doesnt have to look out the window's and see streaks.Of course you could just have a couple of bad windows. I used to work in a window and door factory. There can be leaks around the inner adhesive. Try the other before contacting your contractor. Hope this helps. Good Luck

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC