renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Still alive and house still standing - Update
Login | Register

Still alive and house still standing - Update

Posted by AJ-trucker's wife on June 28th, 2004 12:51 PM

Hello everyone...I'm still here.

What a mess this ended up being. We have a breaker box in the basement for the house and in the shop there is a box. It has a main that shuts both off. I shut off the one in basement. Iused a switch that didn't appear to have anything hooked to it (nothing went on or off when flipped), taped off the ends and installed.

Appearently, there was a bad wire from the one I disconnected because it fried the wire in the wall, tripped the breaker in the shop and messed up the transformer on the pole somehow.

Ran off of a generator for two days and waited for Nipsco to okay everything to turn it all back on. Didn't have computer on generator so that's why I didn't get back to you sooner.

I HATE ELECTRICITY. The Nipsco man tried to explain what happened to me and I still don't really have a clue, except that it had to do with the switch that I took out, a bare wire, and a surge of electicity....???? I'm just glad I'm still here, as are children and the house is still standing.

Thank you for all of the help and support.
AJ

P.S. I found out these toggles are from the 60's!!! And they are all over this house, toggles and outlets!!!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2014 Renovate Your World LLC