> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Steve! You mean you've NEVER seen this type of storm window???
Login | Register

Steve! You mean you've NEVER seen this type of storm window???

Posted by Deanna on May 12th, 2001 12:03 PM
In reply to I understand now..Please excuse me... by Steve: on May 11th, 2001 09:40 PM [Go to top of thread]

Wow! Living in the midwest, we've had them like this forever. I guess I should add I've always lived (and grew up in) relatively "new" houses. I have seen older homes with storm windows that kind of hook up on top and they are in a wood frame. I believe you take the whole thing down and store it for the summer.

The aluminum frame windows with sliding glass storms are really handy. When a storm comes up in the middle of the night...I just hop out of bed and slide down the storms before I shut the window. I believe it protects the sill as well as the window itself...will probably last longer and less peeling paint!

As for Wick's site...I think it's still in operation, did you ever get the new address? You MUST stop in and say hello!

As for my DIY efforts...I have been working on lawn and garden this spring. Planting bulbs, etc. like you wouldn't believe! Hopefully NEXT spring the lawn will be gorgeous.

Thanks for all your good advice!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC