> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Steel cap instead of paralam
Login | Register

Steel cap instead of paralam

Posted by Jane Lin-Li on March 18th, 2003 11:42 AM
In reply to steel / wood beams by Tim on March 3rd, 2001 08:01 PM [Go to top of thread]

We are opening up walls in the house.
The contractor's proposed paralam for the ~25'
span. Becuase how the ceiling trusses are sitting
on the existing beam, it's major labor/cost to
replace existing beams with the paralam.

I am wondering if there is a way to cap the
existing beams around the bottom with a U-shape
steel pipe, hence, none of the existing beams &
trusses need to be touched in any major way.

Do you know if such u-shape steel pipe exists or
can be custom-ordered?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC