> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Stanley garage door opener warning!!!!
Login | Register

Stanley garage door opener warning!!!!

Posted by Chris in Michigan on March 23rd, 2000 08:40 PM

Before you spend your hard-earned money buying a Stanley garage door opener, please read this !
I purchased a new Stanley garage door opener 9 months ago. I have had nothing but problems with it ever since and Innovative Home Products (the manufacturer of Stanley garage door openers) does not seem interested in honoring their warranty on this product. My garage door opener stopped working just 2 months after I installed it. It took over 20 days to get the parts (first a capacitor and then a circuit board) to repair this garage door opener. Then the stupid thing started opening and closing all by itself. I e-mailed Innovative Home Products about this. Their response was "it is not possible for this to happen". Well, it is possible. Just scroll down thru some of the messages posted in this web-site and you will find that this has happened to several other people too. Now my garage door opener has quit working again. That was 33 days ago. I have been calling Innovative Home Products almost daily trying to get them to repair or replace this garage door opener. Their customer service reps always tell me that they can not do anything to help me until I talk with someone in "tech support". The only problem is that tech support will not return my phone calls, so in the meantime here I sit waiting for a return phone call that is supposed to happen in 24 - 48 hours according to the customer service reps. ITS BEEN 33 DAYS AND NO ONE HAS RETURNED MY CALLS !!! Can you believe that any company would be so rude to it's customers ?!!!! I have filed a complaint with my state's Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division against Innovative Home Products. I would love to file a class action lawsuit against them too on behalf of all of the other people out there that they have mislead and screwed . . . any lawyers out there who want to take them on ? It would have to be pro bono of course, because I'm spending all of my money on the purchase of a new garage door opener and you can bet it won't be a Stanley

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC