> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Stamped Concrete Patio
Login | Register

Stamped Concrete Patio

Posted by Nhuether on May 6th, 2003 09:33 PM
In reply to step-by-step procedure to pour a concrete patio by Steve Haubenschild on June 15th, 2002 09:26 AM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Concrete Formula by Handyman on 05/19/2005

I am having a concrete patio nightmare. I hired a reputable firm to pour and stamp a concrete patio for me. Contractor came, framed patio, laid gravel, poured concrete, STAMPED WITH WRONG STAMP, encased a sprinkler head in concrete, left patio uncovered. 6 hours later the patio was rained on. I saw some flaking (very little). Contractor took 4 days to come and look at work - only after I called several times did he come. Contractor team power washed patio, built second stair (didn't want to, said one was enough), covered stair to set). Stair is a different color than patio. Supposely overlay will be on stair. While cutting wood to frame second stair, a man cut a line with a saw the length of the patio about 2/3 from one edge. The patio is literally cut into a 2/3 and 1/3 section. It looks terrible. Why did they cut apart my patio? Should I ask them to take the patio out. This crack will literally separate over time. I already have a problem with drainage. Won't this create a bigger problem.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC