> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Stack Vent :)
Login | Register

Stack Vent :)

Posted by Raymond VinZant Plm Prof on March 26th, 2003 07:48 PM
In reply to Vent stack? Stack vent?? by kevin on March 25th, 2003 11:06 AM [Go to top of thread]

That is an easy one. A stack vent is the uppermost section of a main sewer stack from the top of the tee where the fixture ties in, to the roof. A vent stack is a vertical section of vent that picks up vents from mutilple floors and connects them to the stack vent, or through the roof. A main stack, is a drain or soil pipe that runs up through multiple floors at least 8 feet in height. A plumbing vent is a pipe that keeps a neutral air pressure in the pluming system so there is no negative or positive pressure when sewage flows into the drainage system.
Good Luck

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC