> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > ss 'panels'
Login | Register

ss 'panels'

Posted by Bobby T. on September 18th, 1998 09:38 AM
In reply to Stainless steel kitchen appliances by Tim on September 17th, 1998 03:30 PM [Go to top of thread]

We too love the look. Finally, we did find a ss stove at a SEARS appliance outlet (in a 'burb of Chgo). It was a floor model or return, it is that stove that got us going! Anyway, in trying to keep that look throughout the kitchen, we have discovered a few 'tricks'. When replacing the frige, we looked at the ss ones, wayyyyy too much $$$$. Most major brands in 'regular' colors you can buy the 'trim kit' that is simply a thin ss skin and other trim required to clad your appliance. We found that for friges, it HAS to come from the mfg., and that was a lot of $$. You MAY get a good deal at an authorized service center for that brand, or try looking up the web site of the mfg... or simply call a small, local appliance place, and see if you can make them a deal, they order the kit at their cost, put on a small mark-up for themselves, you all are happy. For dishwashers- we did the ultimate. We found one with the now-old-fashioned flat panel front (most models now the front panels wrap-around to the sides), the type you can remove the side molding to place a cabinet panel on... went to the local Home Depot, they sell a sheet of brushed ss, made really for back splash above stove, cut it to fit, and we now have an affordable ss look dishwasher.
Hope this helps!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC