> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Spraying Deck finish
Login | Register

Spraying Deck finish

Posted by BobB on September 13th, 2001 10:14 PM
In reply to Understand your delima by Steve: on September 13th, 2001 09:52 PM [Go to top of thread]

Actually I sprayed CWF-UV last summer using a deck sprayer designed for the purpose. I found that as long as I kept it pumped up really well and didn't let the pressure in the tank drop too far, it sprayed pretty well. If the pressure dropped too far it would start to glob up ( I think that the technical painters term for it ) I didn't use the sprayer for the deck surface, a roller worked fine for that. But the vertical spindles, fence, and lattice work underneath are much to tedious to apply by brush ( I've done it that way too ) The basic technique was to quickly spray an area ( about five feet of so ) and then put the sprayer down and go over it with a four inch brush to even out the spray and work the finish into the wood. This way the sprayer is used to get the product onto the surface, and the brush works it into the surface, and evens it out. I think it went much faster than just brushing, but you need to have drop cloths behind what you are spraying because there is overspray. I guess that's the price you pay for the ease of application.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC