> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Spray Vs. Hand
Login | Register

Spray Vs. Hand

Posted by Steve: on April 20th, 2001 08:55 PM
In reply to Exterior Painting - Brush or Spray by Tanya on April 20th, 2001 01:36 PM [Go to top of thread]

19 of 21 people found this post helpful

Well, I do both hand and spray work. I tend to charge a little more in hand than spray because spray is soo fast.

Spray will use almost 25% more paint than by hand. So the big difference is in paint quantities.

If you have a contractor with a good rig, I do believe that a smoother and better laid on finish comes with a spray rig. But they have to be in good shape.

Now, a good spray painter will do all the cut ins, do a superb job in protecting from over spray and will know what he/she is doing.

A novice with a spray gun will only cause you to wish you had never done this and the over spray will haunt you for ever.

If you are concerned or leary, ask for a spray and hand paint seperate bids. Or just ask for the job to be done ONLY by hand. If had is more than spray in labor, material will offset the price.

On R-105 or ship lap siding, spray is the only way to get a good in the groove paint job and protection.

Ask to see his/her's other jobs around town and GO AND ACTUALLY LOOK AT THEM. First, make sure he/she actually did them.

From a painter to a customer

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC