> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Spray foam insulation {help please} ?
Login | Register

Spray foam insulation {help please} ?

Posted by thom perrin on September 20th, 2000 12:46 AM
In reply to R-501 Foam Insulation by David Richmond on August 24th, 2000 08:40 PM [Go to top of thread]

I have a need to spray, mix, pour or inject large amounts of foam into forms, 3 cubic feet or more at once, But i cant find any information on the products as to what activates it,

Will it activate inside of a air tight inviroment like a trashbag?

I have used the brand tough -r- stuff available at walmarts, for household needs before, but would like a little more information on expantion rate, if tempature critical for optium expantion and cure time? In addition to cost effectiveness,

how large of a hole should i leave to allow pressure build up to exit without form blowout?.

I have used Polyurethane Glue that is activated with water, and it foams up about 5 to 1 but it will not provide me with what i want, as i've wound up with a mess after the cure time, results with water pockets and pockets of non cured glue,

and cold joint layering is not an answer,,
is there a method of creating foam to fill larger voids such as to fill the needs in this project?

the plan i have undertaken is to create large blocks of foam, to be constructed on site, of midivel reinactments, these blocks are 1ft x 1ft x 3ft and are attached with rods & pins. as a fake Castle wall to cover scaffolding where archers shoot arrows from the top of the walls.

great plan but no great results as of yet.
thanks for any help

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC